With a near perfect score on Amazon, the Doggyride Mini dog Bike Trailer certainly lives up to its reputation as the top dog trailer for small to medium sized pets. The option to convert the trailer to a stroller adds to the flexibility of this versatile and durable product.
- One pin folding release system
- Comes with an internal leash and clips to keep passengers safe and secure
- Protective rain screen on the front
- Stroller wheel storage pocket
- Pouch and water bottle pockets
- Easy loading rear entry door
- Interior pet cabin dimensions: 23 inches L x 15 inches W x 22 inches H / 56cm L x 38cm W x 50cm H
- Folded dimensions: 23 inches L x 15 inches W x 8 inches H / 56 cm L x 20 cm W x 50 cm H
- Colors: Spring Green/Grey, Rebel Red/Black
- Product weight: 21 lbs / 9.5 kgs
- Maximum load capacity: 55 lbs / 25 kgs
- Maximum dog size (shoulder height): 15 inches / 38 cm
- Wheel size: 12.5 inches / 31.75 cm
DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer – Build quality & Design:
The build quality of the DoggyRide is outstanding. Just one look at the finish of the product will be enough to reassure you of the high standard of this product. From the powder coated steel frame to the ergonomic design, the pet trailer/stroller has been built with both the user and passenger in mind.
Size and Weight:
The Doggyride pet trailer/stroller has been designed and built for small to medium sized dogs, and although the manufactures state the product can carry a pet or pets of up to a maximum of 55 Lbs and a shoulder height of up to 15 inches, you should measure the length and height of the pet to ensure it will comfortably fit into the cabin, failure to do so could see your pet squashed into an area that is way too small.
The cabin dimensions:
23 inches L x 15 inches W x 22 inches H.
56cm L x 38cm W x 50cm H.
23 inches L x 15 inches W x 8 inches H.
56 cm L x 20 cm W x 50 cm H.
Weighing in at only 21Lbs (empty) the Mini Dog Bike Trailer is one of the lighter models on the market, allowing you to tow your furry friend with comparative ease.
The stroller/trailer features a front entry, rear entry and a sun roof, all of which can be unzipped to allow your pet to sit up and have an unobstructed view out of the front. The front and side panels have a 600 denier mesh which is very thick, durable and UV resistant. The front area also has a roll down cover that protects against dust, wind and rain.
Available in 2 colors:
Rebel Red: RED / BLACK
Spring: GREEN/ BLACK
Inside the trailer/stroller:
The inside of the Doggyride mini has four tether points, one in each corner that can be used to secure the passenger or passengers using the supplied tether.
The rigid, non-slip floor is manufactured from an easy clean material. However, if you have a heavy pet or are planning to go on long outings, I would recommend purchasing the optional 1.5″ thick pet mat that has been specifically designed for this product, it is not only easy to wipe down, it will also give your pet a very comfortable ride.
Wheels and Tires:
The 12.5 inch / 31.75 cm wheels have air filled tires for added suspension and comfort. The wheels can be removed and re-fitted in seconds using a quick release clip.
Tire condition should be checked on a regular basis and should be inflated to a pressure of 2.1 bar (30 psi).
There is also a rear brake that is foot operated to enable the safe loading and unloading of your precious cargo.
The supplied bike towing hitch can be fitted to most bicycles within a few minutes. For those with non standard rear axles such as Breezer dropout, internal hub gear, recumbent bikes etc, there is a hitch adapter available.
The tow bar can be quickly and easily removed from the bicycle and the trailer by taking out the quick release pins on either end of the bar.
Building the Trailer:
The trailer is mostly built when you receive it, so the build should only take a few minutes.
- Pull up the two side panels and lock the roof crossbar into position using the detent pin.
- Attach the wheels by pushing them into the axle holes and securing them with the safety pins.
- Remove the front locking pin from the tow bar insertion hole, insert the towbar and insert the locking pin through the holes.
- Remove the bike hitch and attach it to the bike axle, reconnect the hitch to the towbar.
Converting the Trailer to a Stroller:
A stroller conversion kit can be purchased separately. The kit is very simple to install and should only take a few minutes. It’s simply a case of inserting the front wheel and rear handles and securing with the quick release pins.
DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer – Conclusion:
With the ability to quickly remove the wheels and towbar, the trailer can be easily converted into a dog crate or car seat, and the optional stroller conversion kit and other extras give even more flexibility.
The design of the DoggyRide Mini Dog Bike Trailer is both eye catching and practical at the same time. The quality of the parts is simply outstanding, as is the general finish of the product itself.